19 January 2007

This week on Saturday Morning

Good week's end my friends! It's Friday, so time to start thinking about a loose plan for tomorrow's show. I have to plan so much in my life, I don't like to plan too much for the radio show (which is obvious if you have ever heard the show). But, I have a few ideas for tomorrow.

First up, it looks like the feature artist will be Imogen Heap and her 2005 album Speak for Yourself.

Second, I just got Yo-Yo Ma's new "Greatest Hits" cd, Appasionato, so I may be inspired to play some of that. I like it.

Third, I have a piece from This American Life I'd like to share. It's a great story, beautifully told. I'll say no more, and see if I'm inspired to play it tomorrow.

Here's the tip of the week: I recently discovered a newer public radio program that I think is the best radio on the air right now. The program is called RadioLab from WNYC in New York City. It is this great montage of a radio program that takes an idea and mixes stories and interviews and sound effects and great editing into an hour long program. And just to keep up interested, they have only produced 5 shows a year over the past two years. You can check them out here. You can also podcast the show from iTunes or from WNYC directly. It is truly great stuff. Smart, innovative, imaginative, and ya just might learn something, too.

Okay, hope to see you all tomorrow. Send a note or call. Let me know what you think of the show. Can't wait to find out what I'm going to play.

peace

No comments: