30 September 2007

No warning, no show. What gives?

Hi there,

Sorry to be absent this Saturday past. Absent minded too. Forgot to leave a quick post to let you know I was not able to do the old show. I plan to be there this coming weekend. Looks like, at the moment, that we'll feature the new release from Iron and Wine...but like everything else in life, this could change.

I got a comment today asking about my favorite band. Hard to say. I can tell you what I've been listening to in the car. I have a rotation going between and among Beirut, The Cinematic Orchestra, and Kaki King. Past recent favs have included Fiest, Appassionato by Yo Yo Ma, Imogen Heap, Kate Havnevik, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Pacha Massive, Andrew Bird.....

I played Jack Johnson's In Between Dreams repeatedly for months, much to my children's displeasure. Now, my interests move with the winds. Like a bird, I don't stay in one place long. Each we I pick a feature artist that is someone whose music I like. I often start listening to them for a while after featuring them on the show.

Sorry if this doesn't answer your questions, except to say, I guess there are no favorites.

Have a great week. Be kind...to your selves and others. See you next week.

Bill

No comments: